Here I am in Mar de Jade, Mexico with my ISHTA family. As I plant my feet firmly into the warm sand I feel a need to lift up to the heavens and say thank you for the glory of nature. My body wants to breathe with the ocean waves and bend and sway with the palm trees. My mind begins to come into stillness as my breath lengthens and calms.
Although it’s not the same in your living room, can you close your eyes and imagine that you are standing where I am standing? Can you hear the sound of the ocean and the ocean breeze caressing your skin?
Visualize, breathe with ease, and come along! The pose we are going to do is called BLOWN PALM.
1) Let your feet hit the warm sand six inches apart, parallel to each other.
2) Feel the bottom of your feet and draw your attention to the area behind the big toe, the little toe and the center of your heel. Wiggle your toes.
3) Energetically lift each toe, and spread them wide. See and feel the sand between your toes.
4) As you press your feet down into the sand, feel yourself lifting up until the top of the head feels like it could reach the sky.
5) Press your thumbs into your ears with the other four fingers spread wide on top of the head. Listen to your own private ocean. Let your in breath and your out breath follow the ebb and flow of the waves.
6) Raise your arms overhead and hold your right wrist with your left hand.
7) Inhale and stretch up.
8) Exhale and stretch over to your left side.
9) Keep your arms in line with your ears. Hold the pose for 5-8 rounds of breath.
10) Breathe in and come back to center.
11) Repeat on the other side.
Bring the palms together at the energetic center of the heart, feel the calming and healing qualities of the beach, and have a wonderful day!
See you next time!
Enjoy (in joy!)